JOB OPPORTUNITY: FREELANCE MARKETING & COMMS
(3 month contract with possible extension)
Salary: £6000 3 days/week
At Things Made Public CIC, we believe that art and culture is for everyone. We also believe that art can be an incredible vehicle for exploring the places in which we live, helping us to fall in love with the brilliant parts, and challenge the bits that we believe need changing. We often find that art and culture can be hard to access, and for some people extremely intimidating. We choose to work in non-traditional spaces, and in doing so break down those invisible barriers that stop so many people engaging in the arts.
We specialise in creative enterprise, identifying creative opportunities that straddle both culture and business, resulting in mutually beneficial outcomes that serve the local community. Our work is funded by third sector, public and private organisations therefore understanding the requirements of these different sectors is an advantage.
We are currently seeking a freelance marketing and communications guru to join the team for a 3 month contract, to effectively promote a range of cultural projects in and around Essex and East London.
Candidates should have an extensive knowledge of the cultural sector, with experience working at a similar level in a creative marketing role. They will have experience delivering fully integrated marketing campaigns and will be able to deliver multiple campaigns in a busy environment.
The ability to create promotional materials and updates with engaging, persuasive and interesting copy (across all media platforms, including social media, websites, email marketing etc), as well as identifying, writing and pitching relevant stories to local and national press is a necessity.
We’re looking for someone who can help us reach larger and more diverse audiences for our projects, spreading the word about the activity that we are delivering and raising awareness of our work on both a local and national level.
A ‘can do’ attitude is a must as is ‘outside the box’ thinking. We are seeking an individual that will roll up their sleeves up and get stuck in, who is passionate about developing cultural opportunities that result in fantastic outcomes, creating real change.
Projects you will be working on range from a street art festival, through to a pocket park installation and a multi-venue, town centre event.
Role and Responsibilities
- Write and implement communications plans for projects or campaigns to support the organisation’s participation, events, outreach and business aims
- Develop and optimise the organisation’s digital channels, posting regular and relevant content
- Communicate compelling stories and key messages to specific target audiences through a variety of mediums
- Ability to write effective and engaging copy for specific target audiences
- Identifying, writing and pitching relevant news stories to local and national press
- Experience of creating and implementing effective PR strategies and campaigns
- Knowledge of graphic design principles and experience of applying them when producing content for digital and print mediums
- Knowledge and experience of web-editing and content management
- Manage the planning, production and distribution of printed collateral (when applicable)
- Knowledge of brand management
- Strong experience across digital marketing, as well as with email marketing systems to produce engaging emails
- Proven experience of marketing and project management
- Experience planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting on multi-channel campaigns. This should include offline and online media channels including out-of-home, print and email marketing
- Experience of developing social media campaigns and creating posts
- Copywriting experience across all channels including writing optimised website and social copy.
- Place knowledge of Essex and East London, its history and its current context
- A cover letter (no more than 2 sides A4) outlining why you are applying for this role, how your skills and experience meet the job description and person specification and how you would approach this role.
- Two employment referees or past clients
- A copy of your CV or portfolio of past work
To Sarah Walters: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30th May 2021
Interviews: 3rd June 2021
Start Date: 7th June 2021